Project is dealing with the contribution to the development of the reception system of different categories of migrants and open and tolerant society.
(1) sensitising local population towards asylum seekers;
(2) strengthening the capacity of civil society organisations (CSOs) and decision-makers at the local level for the support to asylum seekers;
(3) improving knowledge of key actors about the treatment of asylum seekers and migrants;
1. Mapping CSO and actors at the local level to work on sensitising local communities for understanding the situation of asylum seekers and migrants;
2. Preparing campaigns to sensitise local communities for understanding the situation of asylum seekers and migrants;
3. Developing a practical guide on standards of treatment of migrants and information about key stakeholders;
Target groups: CSOs in 5 regions in Serbia (southern Serbia, eastern Serbia, Vojvodina, Belgrade and central Serbia, Sandzak), asylum seekers, local decision-makers, professional staff working in asylum centres and other institutions of importance for the functioning of the asylum system, citizens.
Implementation period: September 2014-December 2015
Geographical area: Serbia: southern Serbia (Vranje and Niš), eastern Serbia (Dimitrovgrad and Pirot), Vojvodina (Subotica, Šid), Belgrade and central Serbia (Lajkovac, Valjevo, Bogovađa, Banja Koviljača, Loznica), Sandžak (Tutin, Sjenica) .
Donor: Open Society Foundation Serbia