The project deals with the contribution to the development of the reception system for different categories of migrants and an open and tolerant society.
- to provide social support to asylum seekers through participation in artistic and cultural activities that will be organised in centres for accommodation of asylum seekers and in communities;
- To train teachers and cultural workers for the use of methodology of work with youth in order to encourage understanding of the position of asylum seekers and migrants, and encourage youth to participate in intercultural dialogue in the communities in which asylum seekers are or will be accommodated;
- to familiarise interested citizens and key stakeholders with the experience of asylum seekers and migrants, in order to initiate dialogue on the need for acceptance of asylum seekers and integration of refugees.
- Organising seminars “We and the Others” on the ways of deconstructing stereotyped pictures of “the others”, with a special focus on the attitude towards migrants;
- Organising a “guest” exhibition on the life of migrants “The Border is Closed”;
- Organising artistic and social activities in the centres for accommodation of asylum seekers;
- Organising interdisciplinary seminars for students of social sciences
- Organising public debates on improving the reception and integration of asylum seekers and refugees
Target groups: teachers of social science subjects in secondary schools who will participate in the seminar “We and the Others”; high school students who will participate in educational activities on the topic of migration (follow-up seminars); citizens – visitors of the exhibition “The Border is Closed”, citizens and key stakeholders from the local community, asylum seekers, students / seminar participants.
Implementation period: April 2016 – March 2017.
Geographical area: Vojvodina (Subotica, Šid), Central Serbia (Belgrade, Loznica (Banja Koviljača)), Southern Serbia (Niš, Vranje, Dimitrovgrad and Preševo)
Donor: Open Society Foundation Serbia