The project deals with contribution to reforming social protection system and improving of social institutions that are competent for provision of services to children in need, categorized as “children on the move” – unaccompanied child migrants, children living on the streets, children without parental care .
Project Goal: CSOs and institutions with child protection mandate are strengthened and networked to develop child friendly assistance, services and policies grounded in the best interest of “children on the move”.
1. Development of child-friendly informative-educational materials for direct work with children on the move: unaccompanied child migrants, children living on the streets, children without parental care, in order to map their needs and explain them their rights.
2. Develop and deliver cultural awareness training to professionals with child protection mandate about the need to incorporate intercultural dimension in provision of social services to “children on the move”, especially to unaccompanied child migrants.
3. Organization of public event with children to raise awareness of local community on position of “children on the move”.
– 100 key stakeholders and decision-makers with child protection mandate on the local and national level;
– 70 direct service providers from institutions and CSOs that provide support to “children on the move”.
Implementation period: 1.10.2014. – 31.3.2016.
Geographical area: four regions in Serbia: Belgrade region, South Serbia (Nis and Vranje), Vojvodina region (Bela Crkva and Subotica) Central Serbia (Banja Koviljaca and Bogovađa).
Partners: Group 484 and Atina are partners on the project, while Save the Children is the project holder.
Donor: the Delegation of European Union in RS – European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR)